Each capsule contains:
Dried Ferrous sulphate BP 150 mg
Folic acid (vitamin B9) BP 0.5 mg
Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) BP 50 mg
Thiamine Hydrochloride(vitamin B1) BP 2 mg
Riboflavin (vitamin B2)BP 2 mg
Pyridoxine hydrochloride(vitamin B6) BP 1 mg
Nicotinamide(vitamin B3) BP 10 mg
Zinc sulphate monohydrate BP 25 mg
Ferroclix capsule is indicated for the treatment and prevention of Iron deficiency anaemia, latent Iron deficiency, during pregnancy, lactation & menstrual period, anaemia caused by different influences like-surgery, ionizing radiation, prolonged hemodialysis, intensive physical activity etc and other nutritional deficiencies.
Ferroclix capsule has been scientifically developed after years of research to provide adequate nutrition. It contains Ferrous sulphate (dried), vitamins and minerals which are involved in hematopoiesis.
It contains following constituents in a specially developed formulation to ensure improved stability, enhanced drug availability and also masks the metallic taste of Iron:
• Ferrous Sulphate: Ferrous Sulphate helps restore Iron levels in the body when levels are low. Iron is a component of haemoglobin which is the oxygen-carrying pigment of red blood cells and hence helps in the formation of red blood cells.
• Folic Acid (Vitamin B9): Folic acid is required for the formation of heme, the pigmented, iron-containing portion of the hemoglobin in red blood cells (erythrocytes). Its deficiency impairs the maturation of young red blood cells, which results in anemia.
• Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C): Ascorbic acid participates in the metabolism of Folic acid (contributes in the transformation of the active form tetrahydrofolate) and also stimulates hematopoiesis through enhanced uptake of Iron.
• Thiamine HCl (Vitamin B1): Thiamine Hydrochloride is a coenzyme which participates in the metabolism of glucose and in the functioning of the nervous system. It has a protective action on Ascorbic acid and creates favourable conditions for its use by the enzyme system of the body.
• Riboflavin (Vitamin B2): Riboflavin is required for cellular respiration, red blood cells formation, DNA formation and Iron mobilization and storage. It also contributes in the tissue regeneration processes (including skin cells) and has a role in visual perception. It is also helpful in the absorption of other minerals, vitamins such as Iron, Folic acid and other vitamins like vitamin B3 and B6.
• Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6): Pyridoxine hydrochloride is a coenzyme which participates in the metabolism of amino acids, proteins and in the synthesis of neurotransmitters. It promotes red blood cell production and is required to maintain the proper balance of potassium and sodium in the blood, which is necessary for the normal production of red blood cells.
• Nicotinamide (Vitamin B3): Nicotinamide participates in the process of tissue respiration, lipid metabolism and glucose metabolism. It also increases the solubility of Riboflavin and Folic acid.
• Zinc Sulphate Monohydrate: Zinc sulphate helps to improve the assimilation of group B vitamins.
Its deficiency is associated with fertility reduction, poor pregnancy outcomes, mental and behavioural changes, impaired immunity, increased morbidity and mortality and linear growth retardation.
Ferroclix capsule is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients of the product.
The common side effects are headache, stomach upset, constipation, diarrhoea and unpleasant taste. Symptoms of side effects, if any, should subside after discontinuing the medicine. If symptoms persist, please consult the physician.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS:
Do not take dairy products with Ferroclix capsules.
Check the expiry date on the pack and do not use after expiry.
• Patients with Iron deficiency anaemia should take 1-2 capsules twice a day approximately for three
months (depending on the severity of anaemia).
• Patients with latent Iron deficiency should take 1-2 capsules once a day for 3-4 weeks.
• Pregnant women from 14th week of pregnancy should take 1 capsule once a day for two weeks and
then take a break of one week. Repeat in a similar manner till childbirth.
• During lactation period, 1 capsule once a day or as prescribed.
• During menstrual period, 1 capsule once a day should be taken two days before menstruation, during
the cycle and 2 days after menstruation. It should not be taken for more than 10 days of menstruation
• Patients suffering from anaemia caused by different influences and other nutritional deficiencies
should take 1-2 capsules once a day.
Store in a cool, dark & dry place. Keep out of reach of children.
10 capsules packed in a blister and such 3 blisters packed in a carton along with insert.